Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Gilts underperformed with a parallel shift in the curve Tuesday, while Bunds were basically unchanged. Periphery spreads drifted wider.
- BTPs led the periphery widening (and the session's price action), amid today's auctions of short-term/linkers and dual-tranche USD issuance syndication, and ahead of auctions tomorrow of up to E7.25bln of BTPs / E1.25bln of CCTeu.
- 10-Yr BTP yields fell just short of 2021 peak of 0.842% (day's high was 0.832%).
- UK sold E6bn of 30-Yr Gilt via syndication. EIB announced a mandate for a E100mn digital bond based on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Otherwise most attention is on the US Fed decision Wednesday.
Closing yields/10-Yr Spreads to Bunds:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.1bps at -0.688%, 5-Yr is up 0.1bps at -0.599%, 10-Yr is up 0.4bps at -0.249%, and 30-Yr is up 0.4bps at 0.292%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is up 1.4bps at 0.065%, 5-Yr is up 1.7bps at 0.344%, 10-Yr is up 1.8bps at 0.774%, and 30-Yr is up 1.8bps at 1.301%.
- Italian BTP spread up 1.8bps at 107bps / Spanish spread up 1.1bps at 66.5bps