- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Higher At 7.0326 Tuesday; -5.22% Y/Y
EGBs-GILTS CASH CLOSE: Terminal ECB Pricing Ticks Higher On Knot
European curves steepened Wednesday with Gilts outperforming Bunds.
- Fair bit of ECB commentary today, highlighted by MNI's event with Klaas Knot who said a 50bp hike was possible in May (as well as March) pending inflation developments. Kazaks called for "significantly" restrictive rates while de Guindos wouldn't rule out further hikes past March.
- ECB cumulative hike pricing picked up about 3bp following the release of Knot's prepared text, though that faded; ECB and BoE terminal rates are now seen about 1bp higher than they began the day.
- Eurozone swap spreads continued to tighten following yesterday's ECB sovereign deposit renumeration announcement.
- Limited data out today, with more attention on the delayed German CPI readings out Thursday: see MNI's analysis here (1), here (2), and here (3)).
- Thu morning also sees the Riksbank decision and comments from BoE's Bailey.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.8bps at 2.717%, 5-Yr is down 0.6bps at 2.368%, 10-Yr is up 1.4bps at 2.363%, and 30-Yr is up 1.9bps at 2.334%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 4.4bps at 3.468%, 5-Yr is down 3.2bps at 3.185%, 10-Yr is down 0.4bps at 3.313%, and 30-Yr is up 1.8bps at 3.769%.
- Italian BTP spread down 1.3bps at 186.7bps / Spanish up 0.6bps at 94.1bps
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.