June 27, 2022 16:23 GMT
Core EGB and Gilt yields rose sharply to start the week.
- While initial bond weakness came alongside a morning rebound in equities, yields gave nothing back in the afternoon as stocks retraced and risk appetite faded.
- Short end / belly underperformed in Germany (Bobl yields in particular underperformed), while the UK curve more clearly bear steepened.
- Fairly minimal newsflow and fairly light volumes, with ECB speakers (incl Lagarde, Lane) due to speak in the next 24 hours.
- Periphery EGB spreads tightened for the most part, with 10Y BTPs coming back down through the 200bp mark vs Germany.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 9.2bps at 0.905%, 5-Yr is up 12.6bps at 1.289%, 10-Yr is up 10.5bps at 1.547%, and 30-Yr is up 6.1bps at 1.752%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is up 8.1bps at 2.013%, 5-Yr is up 8.6bps at 2.04%, 10-Yr is up 9.1bps at 2.393%, and 30-Yr is up 9.7bps at 2.644%.
- Italian BTP spread down 5bps at 197.1bps / Greek down 2.9bps at 230.9bps
Keep reading...Show less