Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: EGBs have opened the week fairly flat, with limited reaction to
weekend headlines from the WSJ which noted that China has cancelled the planned
trade talks with the U.S. amid escalation of tariff threats.
- The Dec 18 Bund future is up 5 ticks at 159.05, with the curve bull flattening
slightly: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.2bps at -0.534%, 5-Yr is down 0.1bps at
-0.116%, 10-Yr is down 0.2bps at 0.46%, and 30-Yr is down 0.4bps at 1.117%.
- Periphery EGB spreads are a little wider, but generally steady, with the
Italian budget due to be agreed by the government on Thursday. The spread of
10-Yr Italian BTPs vs Bunds is up 2.4bps at 239.2bps; 10-Yr Spain is down 0.2bps
at 103.1bps; Portuguese PGBs in 0.2375bps at 140.5bps; Greek bonds out 0.7bps at
- Euribor futures are largely flat, though Mar19-Mar20 are down 0.5 ticks each.
- A fairly chunky week for data gets underway at 0800GMT with the release of the
German IFO Survey for September. The August reading was 103.8.
- ECB President Mario Draghi is speaking in Brussels at 1300GMT.