Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- AUD/USD extended losses through the Tuesday European morning to touch intraday/weekly lows 0.7325 following a somewhat dovish speech from RBA governor Lowe overnight. This price action has, however, reversed - with a lower-than-forecast US CPI reading providing the impetus for the recovery.
- The late recovery puts the pair in close proximity to option interest at $0.7370-75 (A$477mln).
- This puts the pair back to broadly flat on the session, with market focus turning to topside resistance at the Sep 10 / Sep 3 highs of 0.7410/78, These mark the bull trigger for the pair.
- Next risk event for the pair is due on Thursday - with the August jobs data expected to show a loss of 80,000 jobs across the month.