Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: Euro area sovereign bonds have been bid today, with core and
periphery bonds broadly rallying.
- It has felt like a relatively quiet session compared to the previous week and
perhaps reflections an exhaustion of the panic selling.
- The Germany bund curve has bull flattened with the 2s10 spread 12bp narrower
and the 2s30s down 14bp.
- French OAT yields beyond the 3-year maturity are down 11-13bp.
- The short-end of the BTP curve has outperformed with the 2-year benchmark
yield down 21bp.
- UK Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak has announced further fiscal
measures to support households and firms including a commitment to paying up to
80% of salaries up to Stg2,500/month for those at risk of losing their jobs.
This could pave the way for similar policies across Europe in the coming weeks.