Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: $1875.7 - High Jan 29
- RES 3: $1855.5 - High Feb 10
- RES 2: $1851.5 - 61.8% retracement of the Jan 6 - Mar 8 sell-off
- RES 1: $1845.5 - High May 10
- PRICE: $1825.0 @ 16:45 BST May 13
- SUP 1: $1799.1 - High May 4 and a recent breakout level
- SUP 2: $1790.2 - 20-day EMA
- SUP 3: $1764.3 - Low Apr 30
- SUP 4: $1756.2 - Low Apr 29 and key near-term support
Gold is ebbed lower Thursday, but directional parameters remain unchanged for now as key support/resistance lines are intact. The yellow metal recently cleared resistance at $1797.9, Apr 22 high. This confirmed a resumption of the uptrend that started early March where a reversal pattern in the shape of a double bottom began. This pattern was confirmed on Apr 8. The move higher paves has also confirmed a bullish price sequence of higher highs and higher lows and the focus is on $1851.5 next, a retracement. Support is at $1799.1.