January 27, 2023 08:10 GMT
Freeport LNG Receives Approval To Take First Restart Steps
The US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has given approval on Thursday to Freeport LNG to take early steps to restart the Freeport LNG facility, the Commission said.
- Earlier this week, Freeport applied to “commence cool down of its Loop 1 transfer piping and reinstate the facility’s boil off gas management compressors and associated piping”.
- This process usually takes eleven days and Freeport has yet to seek permission from regulators to restart the liquefaction trains.
- The facility was scheduled to restart in the second half of January, but this is likely to be delayed to end-February/ early-March as it will need require authorisation to restart operations.
- There have not yet been any significant amounts of gas deliveries to the Freeport LNG terminal, Bloomberg data show.
- US Natgas FEB 23 down -1% at 2.92$/mmbtu