Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Fed-speak really didn't break any new ground -- largely repeating already voiced opinions. Former NY Fed pres Bill Dudley did weigh in, however, suggesting the "FED WILL BE 'PRETTY PATIENT' HERE" and not to "PUT TOO MUCH WEIGHT ON WHAT ONE FED PRESIDENT SAY."
- No reacts in rates, but lent to some interest in reading at least: bipartisan infrastructure agreement reached, and Mexico hiked rates .25 to 4.25%.
- Decent Tsy auction: $62B 7Y note (91282CCH2) auction trades through with high yield of 1.264% vs. 1.267% WI. Tsys holding off session highs so far -- little reaction. Bid-to-cover: 2.36x vs. 2.26x 5 month avg, Indirect take-up of 59.97 well over the 5 month average of 55.19% but well shy of Jan's 64.09%. Primary dealer take-up 18.69% well below 25.23% 5 month avg (compares to February's >1Y high of 39.80%.) Direct take-up climbs to 21.34 vs. 19.53% 5M avg. The next 7Y auction is tentatively scheduled for July 29.
- The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at 0.2661%, 5-Yr is up 2.4bps at 0.9054%, 10-Yr is up 0.2bps at 1.4868%, and 30-Yr is down 1.1bps at 2.0974%.