Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: Futures finished 4 ticks higher at 151.03, as the domestic curve
flattened, with yields on bonds from 7-Years out softening modestly on the day.
- JGBs pulled back from opening highs inspired by the Cohn/US-China trade
headlines as the Nikkei 225 briefly moved into positive territory.
- The BoJ left the amounts in today's Rinban operations steady. The offer to
cover ratio ticked higher in the shorter dated 1-3 Year bucket, it remained
steady in the 3-5 Year bucket & fell in the 10-25+ Year buckets.
- Incoming BoJ Deputy Gov. Wakatabe highlighted various ways in which the BoJ
could further ease policy, but said he has no pre-commitment to looser policy.
His fellow incoming Deputy Gov Amamiya offered little fresh insight.
- Last week's volatility has resulted in pressure returning to the 151.17-19
region where the Bollinger band top is situated. Bulls continue to look for a
close above 151.19 to initially target 151.51 2017 highs. The Bollinger band top
is the key concern for bulls with potential to limit follow through. Bears now
need a close below 150.89 to ease bullish pressure and below 150.47 to target