January 19, 2023 12:48 GMT
German Gas Demand Rises, Remains Below 4-Year Average
German gas consumption saw a weekly increase last week but remained well below the four-year average, Bnetza data show.
- Gas consumption during calendar week two increased by 12.7% on the week amid colder weather but demand was 34.2% below the four-year average because of milder weather than in the previous years.
- Temperature-adjusted demand during calendar weeks one and two stood 25% below the four-year average.
- German gas reserves stood at 89.32% of capacity, down 90.64% a week earlier.
- German gas output for electricity generation stood at 710.16GWh last week, compared with 704.29GWh a week earlier, data from Fraunhofer ISE show.
- TTF FEB 23 down -3.6% at 59.47€/MWh