Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Polish government proposed to raise the minimum wage to PLN 3,010 in 2022 (7.5% hike), up from PLN 2,800 this year, which is slightly above the 7.1% (PLN 3,000) initial proposal earlier this year.
- This week, NBP member Hardt commented on Twitter that the overshooting inflation is not temporary and requires an MPC response (i.e. rate hike).
- Three NBP members (Hardt, Gatnar and Zubelewicz) out of eight are currently in favor of a rate hike and strongly believe that the central bank should start to gradually normalize its policy to curb the inflationary pressures.
- November meeting remains key for policy outlook. The outcome is still binary for now, with traders hesitant if the NBP will start its tightening cycle then, or at a later date.
- Next important data to watch is core CPI coming out on September 16 (expected to accelerate to 3.9% in August).