Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- The EUR/USD uptrend persists early Tuesday, with the pair showing above the recent 1.2245 high and hitting multi-month highs in the process. This narrows the gap with 2021's best levels at 1.2349.
- The greenback is weaker across the board, slipping alongside Treasury yields ahead of the NY open, with the curve modestly flatter through the European morning.
- Similarly, with the JPY is softer, underperforming alongside the USD, as markets watch the persistent equity strength boosting US futures further. EUR/JPY is nearing the cycle highs posted May 19th at 133.44.
- Vols are steady, with the front-end of the curve across DMFX holding much of the early May strength.
- Central bank speak remains the focus, with another busy slate Tuesday. Fed's Barkin, Evans and Quarles are due to speak as well as the ECB chief economist Lane and BoE's Tenreyro.
- US new home sales and consumer confidence numbers are the data highlight.