August 17, 2022 10:36 GMT
- Natural gas demand was at 104 percent of year-ago levels while production was in line with 2021 levels.
- Russian gas production plummeted 18 percent month-on-month in June. Production has fallen for three consecutive months and is at 70 percent of March levels.
- EU+UK gas consumption was at a 5-year seasonal low in June, while LNG imports were up nearly 50 percent year-on-year. The group’s inventories increased by 9 bcm – slightly less than the seasonal average build of 11 bcm – to stand 57 percent full at the end of June.
- Total LNG exports were up 17% year-on-year.
- Total gas inventories increased by 28.5 bcm and stood 16.1 bcm below the five-year average.