Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: Hong Kong stocks have resumed trade on the back foot, following the
elongated holiday weekend, with the Hang Seng trading 1.5% lower last. The space
appears to be responding to rising China-US tensions in the South China Sea
coupled with negative comments from U.S. President Trump & some of his senior
admin officials over the short term prospect re: US-China trade discussions.
- Elsewhere the Nikkei 225 has shed 0.3%, as real estate and communication names
drag the index lower with JPY flows and the South China issue denting sentiment.
- The ASX 200 has shed 0.8% as health care names and financials lead the way
lower, with the big 4 banks continuing to hamper the broader index.
- The aforementioned South China Sea issue also weighed on U.S. index futures
which have recorded marginal losses at writing.