Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- CNB board split for next policy meeting on June 23; while some policymakers are in favor for a rate hike next week, others are still pushing for a first hike on August 5 (as originally 'planned').Implied probability of a rate hike (according to MM) slightly above 50%.
- On Monday, CNB policymaker Tomáš Holub mentioned in an online press conference that he was favoring a rate hike next week as CNB must tackle rising inflation expectations.
- On Tuesday, CNB deputy governor Marek Mora also mentioned he was in favor of raising interest rates at the June 23 policy meeting to curb the rising inflationary pressures.
- On the other hand, board member Oldrich Dedek said that it was more reasonable to leave interest rate unchanged at the next meeting following the downtick in inflation in May.
- MPC member Vojtěch Benda mentioned that Czech rates normalization will need to start 'very soon'. Deputy governor Tomáš Nidetzký said that he is more leaning toward sending a signal that the CNB board will not tolerate higher inflation.
- Yesterday, Economic data showed that PPI inflation rose more than expected to 5.1% IN May (4.6% exp.), up from 4.6% the previous month.