Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US STOCKS CLOSE: In U.S. stocks, the S&P 500 closed up 0.08% at 2,446.30, after
trading in a 2,428.20 to 2,449.19 range. The S&P 500 has struggled recently to
decisively vault its 55-day moving average, around 2,449.
- The August 21 low of 2,417.35 was the lowest since July 11, when the index
bottomed at 2,412.79.
- At Tuesday's close, the S&P 500 was up 9.3% year-to date and down 1.8% from
the life-time intraday high of 2,490.87, seen August 8.
- Market players were also homing in on the Russell 2000 index, which often
leads larger stock swings.
- The index, closing up 0.11% at 1,383.68 posted a low of 1,349.35 August 18,
which was the lowest level since April 17, when the Russell 2000 bottomed at
- Both Monday and Tuesday, the Russell 2000 has closed above its 200-day moving
average, currently around 1,381, which suggests scope for additional gains.