Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Both USDMXN and USDBRL had brief spikes to the best levels of the day on the release of the FOMC statement, however, initial dollar optimism has been sold into and local currencies have reversed.
- USDMXN reached 20.0329 before resuming a small downtrend over the past week since peaking at 20.25 last week. The price action supports the noted bearish technical theme that continues to dominate. A break lower may expose 19.7059, Jun 25 low and 19.5987, the Jun 9 low.
- In very similar price action but with a greater magnitude USDBRL printed 5.1915 and has since narrowed the gap to the Jun 16 close at 5.1152.
- Both Chilean and Colombian Pesos have risen in line with greenback weakness, reversing some of yesterday's poor performance.
- Some minor Brazilian IGP inflation data due tomorrow but the bulk of the domestic event risk will feature on Friday.
- Mex GDP, Brazilian unemployment rate and Budget Balance, Chilean central bank minutes and unemployment rate.
- The main event will be the Colombian central bank rate decision and statement. Currently, all 20 analysts expect an unchanged decision, however, with many forecasters highlighting a potential lift-off at the September meeting, BanRep's communication will be eagerly anticipated.