Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-CANADA: It was all eyes on NAFTA 2.0 talks overnight, with a tri-lateral
trade agreement between the U.S., Canada & Mexico now set to be signed off at
the end of November after an agreement was struck late Sunday. The U.S. noted
that steel & aluminium tariffs on Canada are a completely separate matter. While
there are several marginal adjustments that have been made that favour the U.S.
CBC sources noted that "Canada got what it wanted on cultural exemption."
- USD/CAD was lower from the off on weekend reports pointing to the likelihood
of a deal being struck.
- USD/CAD has breached the Sep 20 low & 200-DMA (C$1.2885/69), and last deals
~65 pips softer on the day at C$1.2842, back from the lows of C$1.2814. Bears
are now looking to channel base support (C$1.2792). Bulls need to reclaim the
- Highlights on the CA docket this week includes Ivey PMI & trade data.