November 18, 2022 00:43 GMT
Japan Oct Inflation Quickened; +3.6% Y/Y
DataHomepagemarkets-real-timeBank of Japan (BOJ) Market NewsData BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange News
- Japan's national average core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) rose 3.6% from the year earlier in October, faster than the 3.0% growth marked in September, marking the 15th increasing month.
- Energy rose 15.2% y/y, flat from the previous growth, contributing 1.18 percentage points to CPI.
- The underlying inflation rate measured by the core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) increased 2.5% y/y, expanding from the 1.8% growth last month.
- Prices for ex-perishables rose 5.9% y/y, following last 4.6% y/y increase.
- Prices for household spending rose 11.8% y/y, faster than the 11.3% y/y growth reported in September, and prices for accommodation fell 10.0% y/y, sharply lower than the previous 6.6%.