March 31, 2023 00:19 GMT
Japan Tokyo March Inflation +3.2% Y/Y
- The core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) in the Tokyo area, a leading indicator of the national average, rose 3.2% in March, lower than the 3.3% increase registered in February.
- Energy costs increased 0.3% y/y in March, quickly down from the 5.3% y/y growth last month.
- Processed food prices edged up 8.1% y/y, up from last 7.8% y/y growth.
- Prices for household durable goods increased 10.6% y/y, narrowing from the previous 14.4% y/y increase.
- The core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) -- a key indicator of the underlying trend of inflation -- edged up 3.4% y/y in March, following last 3.1% y/y growth.