January 26, 2023 23:47 GMT
JPY Outperforming, Tight G-10 Ranges Elsewhere
JPY is outperforming, the strongest performer in G-10 space at the margins, with USD/JPY ~0.3% softer vs. the NY close. BBDXY is ~0.1% softer.
- Tokyo CPI was on the wires this morning, the Core YoY measure printed 4.3% vs 4.2% exp. Headline CPI YoY printed 4.4% vs 4% exp.
- USD/JPY has broken through the ¥130 handle, last printing at ¥129.70/80, a touch off session lows.
- The Antipodeans are marginally firmer, however AUD and NZD have both respected tight ranges in early dealing.
- Australian Q4 PPI data is on the wires this morning. Further out we have a slew of US data including personal income/spending, PCE Deflator, UofMich Consumer Sentiment and Pending Home Sales.
- A reminder that the Lunar NY Holiday will continue to impact liquidity in Asia-Pac hours with China still out.