Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- RES 4: 1.3280 High Sep 7
- RES 3: 1.3174 61.8% retracement of the Sep 1 - 23 sell-off
- RES 2: 1.3079 50.0% retracement of the Sep 1 - 23 sell-off
- RES 1: 1.3007 High Sep 16 and Oct 6 plus key resistance
- PRICE: 1.2932 @ 10:32 BST Oct 9
- SUP 1: 1.2846 Low Oct 7
- SUP 2: 1.2806 Low Sep 30 and key near-term support
- SUP 3: 1.2745 Low Sep 28
- SUP 4: 1.2676 Low Sep 23 and the bear trigger
GBPUSD is still trading above recent lows. Attention remains on Tuesday's price action that highlights a bearish reversal signal. In Japanese candle terms, activity on Oct 6 is an engulfing pattern and signals the end of the recent corrective bounce. A break of 1.2846, Oct 7 low would open 1.2806, Sep 30 low and potentially 1.2676, Sep 23 low. On the upside, key resistance remains 1.3007, a breach would be bullish and alter the picture.