Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
KIWI: Kiwi is seen modestly outperforming at writing, with NZD/USD last 11 pips
better off at $0.6765.
- NZ m'fing activity slid into negative territory during Q4, printing at -0.5%
Q/Q vs. the prev. +1.8%. Stronger than expected building construction work put
into place provided support.
- On Thursday, the pair shed 15 pips amid broader USD strength, after advancing
during Asia-Pac trade on the back of comments re: fiscal stimulus from the
- Bulls keep an eye on the 100-DMA at $0.6777 and a break above would shift
their focus to the 50-DMA at $0.6799. Meanwhile, bears look to the 200-DMA &
Thursday's low/lower 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at $0.6745/44. A fall through that
level would open up the Feb 12 low of $0.6720.
- There are no more NZ data releases scheduled for today, but Chinese trade
balance will likely attract attention.