November 20, 2023 19:40 GMT
Late Equity Roundup: IT Shares Outperform Late
HomepageEquitiesAT&T Market NewsBank of America Market NewsBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange News
- Stocks continue to extend session highs in late trade, Information Technology shares taking the lead in the second half. Currently, DJIA is up 212.65 points (0.61%) at 35159.3, S&P E-Mini future are up 34.25 points (0.76%) at 4561.75, Nasdaq up 154 points (1.1%) at 14278.89.
- Leading gainers: Information Technology and Communication Services and shares outperformed, software and semiconductor shares led IT with Enphase +5.58%, Palo Alto Networks +5.03%, SolarEdge Technology +3.91%.
- Bouncing off Friday's lows, interactive media and entertainment shares supported the Communication Services sector: Paramount Global +7.47%, Netflix +2%, Verizon +1.42%.
- Laggers: Utilities and Consumer Staples sectors underperformed in late trade, gas providers weighing on the former: NRG -2%, ATO -1.35%, Xcel Energy -0.88%. Personal care manufacturers weighed on Consumer Staples: Estee Lauder -1.62%, Church & Dwight -1.13%, Clorox -1.65%.
- Corporate earnings still expected this week: Lowes, Best Buy, Burlington Stores and Kohl's early Tuesday, Autodesk, Nvidia and Deere after Tuesday's close.