Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The won is stronger in early trade, capitalising on broad risk on sentiment even as officials declare a two-week extension to the toughest set of lockdown measures currently in place in greater Seoul. There were 1,630 new cases in the past 24 hours, down from a record high of 1,842 yesterday.
- USD/KRW is down 1.10 at 1148.90, the pair hit 2021 highs of 1154 earlier this week.
- Elsewhere, the government aim to hold a plenary session today to vote on the proposal for second extra budget. The proposal for a KRW 33tn extra budget was unveiled at the end of June, there have been five rounds of extra budgets to support the recovery from the pandemic for a total of KRW 82tn so far, the latest budget bringing the total to KRW 115tn. The government has no plans to issue further Treasury bonds for the latest move.
- There are no domestic releases on the economic docket today, markets look ahead to GDP and consumer confidence data next week.