Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Gilts have sold off sharply through the day, with the curve bear steepening.
- Cash yields are 2-7bp higher and the 2s30s spread 6bp wider. Last yields: 2-year -0.0562%, 5-year -0.051%, 10-year 0.2381%, 30-year 0.8123%.
- The Dec-20 gilt future trades at 135.90, 10 ticks off the day's low.
- Data published earlier today showed a slightly weaker than expected September CPI print (0.5% Y/Y vs 0.6% survey) and a higher than expected public sector net borrowing requirement for the same month (GBP35.4bn vs GBP32.4bn consensus).
- Deputy BoE Governor Dave Ramsden today stressed that there remains plenty of headroom to expand asset purchases.
- CBI Trends data for October will be published tomorrow at 1100BST.
- Looking further ahead, GfK Consumer Confidence data for October, retail sales for September and the preliminary October PMI prints will be published on Friday.