July 29, 2022 09:48 GMT
markets-real-timePolitical RiskCommoditiesEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsFixed IncomeForeign ExchangeEuropePolitical Market News
The Elysee Palace has released a statement following the working dinner and meeting between President Emmanuel Macron and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Paris.
- Link (in French): https://www.elysee.fr/emmanuel-macron/2022/07/29/v...
- "[Macron and MBS] stressed the need to find a way out of the [Ukraine] conflict and to intensify cooperation to mitigate its effects in Europe, the Middle East and the world."
- "[Macron] underlined the importance of continuing the coordination initiated with Saudi Arabia with a view to diversifying the energy supplies of European states and presented the FARM initiative for world food security."
- "On the subject of negotiations for a return to the Iranian nuclear agreement, [Macron] stressed the need for Iran to seize, while there is still time, the opportunity offered to it to return at the JCPoA. Following on from the Baghdad Conference, which was held last August, [Macron] recalled France's attachment to any dynamic aimed at promoting dialogue and regional integration."
- Final part of the statement: "As part of the dialogue of trust between France and Saudi Arabia, the President of the Republic addressed the issue of human rights in Saudi Arabia."