May 17, 2023 11:22 GMT
March Retail Sales, Central Bank Annual Conference
- Retail Sales data for March will cross the wiresat 1300BST/0800ET:
- March Retail Sales M/m, est. -0.2%, prior -0.1%
- March Retail Sales Y/y, est. 0.8%, prior 1.0%
- March Retail Sales Broad M/m, est. -0.1%, prior 1.7%
- March Retail Sales Broad Y/y, est. 1.9%, prior -0.2%
- The Brazilian Central Bank holds the first day of its new annual conference, with the institution’s president Roberto Campos Neto making a speech by videoconference at the event’s opening at 9:15am local time. Prior to that, he’ll attend a virtual meeting of governors promoted by the BIS at 8am. Other Central Bank directors are expected to attend, including economic policy director Diogo Guillen.
- President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva described his happiness in a recorded video where he commented on Petrobras’ new pricing policy announced on Tuesday. The President also said he will launch a new investment program at the end of May, aimed at infrastructure, mines and energy works.