- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Injects CNY2 Billion Via OMOs Thursday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Higher At 6.9967 Thursday; -3.57% Y/Y
Market Roundup: Fed Speak Buoys Short End
Tsy futures mixed now, well off post-data lows: yield curves steeper now (2s10s +4.178 at -53.354 vs. -61.953 low) as short end outperforms on heels of recent dovish-toned comments from Fed speakers: Boston Fed Collins and Richmond Fed Barkin.
- “With rates now in restrictive territory, I believe it is time to shift focus from how rapidly to raise rates, or the pace, to how high – in other words, to determining what is sufficiently restrictive,” Collins said. “Down the road, when we get there, in my view we’ll need to shift again to focus on how long to hold rates at that level.”
- Barkin headlines from CNBC: "UNSURE OF DECEMBER FOMC MOVE, MORE DATA STILL COMING .. CAN CREDIBLY SAY FED HAS `FOOT ON THE BRAKE'".
- STIR update: Terminal Funds rate climbing to 5.12% vs. 5.18% earlier. With Fed funds effective 3.83%
- Dec 2022: 58bp cumulative hikes to 4.41% (59.5bp to 4.42% earlier)
- Feb 2023: 99bp cumulative hikes to 4.82% (101bp to 4.84% earlier)
- Mar 2023: 118bp cumulative hikes to 5.01% (121bp to 5.04% earlier)
- May 2023: 127bp cumulative hikes to 5.10% (131bp to 5.13% earlier)
- Peak Fed funds at June 2023 -July 2023 (5.155%)
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.