Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BEIJING (MNI) - Here are the five things MNI highlights from the data
released by the National Bureau of Statistics Thursday.
- November industrial profits fell 1.8% y/y, a first y/y decline since
December 2015. This compared with October's 3.6% y/y gain. Accumulated profits
for Jan-Nov rose by 11.8% y/y, down from 13.6% y/y in Jan-Oct.
- The drop in November was mainly caused by slowing production and sales,
increasing cost, and lower price gains of ex-factory prices, NBS said.
- For the first 11 months, profit gains mainly came from five industries
such as steel (+50.2%), construction materials (+44.2%), special equipment
manufacturing (+21%), the chemical sector (+19.1%) and crude oil extraction
(+3.3times), NBS said.
- In Jan-Nov, industrial enterprises paid CNY92.56 of costs and fees for
every CNY100 income from their main business. The costs and fees fell by CNY0.21
from a year earlier, the NBS said.
- By end-Nov, the debt-to-asset ratio of large-scale industrial enterprises
tracked by the NBS was 56.8%, down 0.4 percentage point y/y. The ratio of
state-owned enterprises (SOEs) was 59.1%, down 1.6 percentage points y/y.
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 (10) 8532-5998; email: email@example.com
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 10 8532 5998; email: firstname.lastname@example.org