Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BEIJING (MNI) - Here are the key points from the National Development and
Reform Commission's "stable" outlook on investment in 2019:
- Investment in manufacturing and housing may remain "relatively fast
growth." Total fixed-asset investment is expected to be stable, and investment
in high-end manufacturing and modern services will be the main driver.
- Infrastructure investment will improve moderately. The number of
infrastructure projects approved in 2018 gained 5.3% y/y. This will underpin a
moderate growth in actual investment this year, as it usually takes a year for
the projects to kick off. Shrinking financing channels faced by local
governments may limit growth.
- The number of proposed real estate projects in 2018 increased by 32.8%
y/y. This will support a fast growth in property investment in Q1. The number of
new housing starts may fall, the commission said.
- The number of manufacturing projects approved last year rose by 24% y/y.
Manufacturing investment may be limited in 1H by declining profit growth,
sluggish demand and falling product prices.
- Investment may be strong in advanced manufacturing, public services and
resource conservancy projects.
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 (10) 8532-5998; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
--MNI Beijing Bureau; +86 10 8532 5998; email: email@example.com