August 19, 2022 12:06 GMT
Daily roundup of news from the US.
- Judge Bruce Reinhart, the federal judge who approved the search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida has ordered the Department of Justice to propose redactions to the affidavit justifying the FBI search, so a decision can be made whether to make the document public.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has suggested that Democrats may retain control of the Senate due to Republican "candidate quality," a thinly veiled criticism of Trump's underperforming endorsees.
- White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain has talked up the achievements of President Biden and offered a blueprint for how frontline Democrats will present the Democrat performance on the midterm campaign trail.
- The European Union may call a Joint Commission to finalise agreement on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear accords as soon as next week.
- Poll of the Day: 54% of Americans support the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago.
Please find the full article attached below:
Keep reading...Show less