January 27, 2023 13:18 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK ANALYSIS - US Daily Brief 27-01-23
HomepagePolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange NewsPolitical Market News
- President Joe Biden is reportedly planning a European trip to mark the one-year anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Biden said in remarks to tout the “success of his economic plan” yesterday that he would veto any Republican legislation that reached his desk: “We’ve got to protect those gains that our policies have generated from the MAGA Republicans in the House of Representatives who are threatening to destroy this progress.”
- Democrat House Rep Adam Schiff (D-CA) has announced that he will enter a crowded Democrat primary field in a flagship 2024 Senate race.
- Former President Donald Trump will look to capitalise on the Biden documents controversy when he kickstarts his 2024 presidential campaign on Saturday with events in two key primary states.
- Dutch and US officials will meet in Washington today to finalise plans to coordinate export controls on China.
- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has announced that US troops have killed a key ISIS leader in Somalia.
- Poll of the Day: US voters have unfavourable views of both House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Democrat Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) with the protracted speaker battle having little impact on McCarthy’s standing.
Full article: https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/files/50916/MNI%20...