June 27, 2022 12:26 GMT
- President Biden continues his week of European summits with another slate of G7 meetings in the Bavarian Alps today. Over the weekend G7 leaders announced a ban on Russia gold and discussed the US proposal of a price cap on Russian oil. Today, or tomorrow, G7 leaders are expected to announce a new package of sanctions against Russia.
- Secretary of State Blinken held a call with his Turkish counterpart as the Turkish blockade of the NATO membership bids of Sweden and Finland continues to cast a shadow over the June 29-30 NATO summit in Madrid.
- G7 leaders have announced the revival of the Partnership for Global Infrastructure Initiative (PGII) aimed at countering the Chinese infrastructure project – the Belt and Road initiative. Biden said: “This isn’t aid or charity. It’s a chance for us to share our positive vision for the future..."
- The office of the United State Trade Representative has confirmed that the US will hold trade talks with Taiwan today under a newly agreed framework.
- The Iranian foreign ministry has confirmed that a new round of talks on the Iran nuclear deal will take place this week in Qatar.
- The weekend saw fallout from Friday’s Supreme Court ruling on Dobbs vs Jackson’s Women’s Health. We have a roundup of the political ramifications of the SCOTUS ruling.
- Poll of the Day: The approval rating of President Biden continues to slide as the threat of recession looms and inflation weighs on the President.
Full article: https://marketnews.com/-2657567547