November 18, 2022 13:13 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - US Daily Brief
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will not seek re-election to a leadership role within the Democratic Party in the next Congress.
- House Republicans have announced an investigation into President Biden and his son Hunter Biden.
- Vice President Kamala Harris has stood in for President Biden as the US representative at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Bangkok - the final of three back-to-back summits in Southeast Asia.
- President Biden will ask the United States Supreme Court to revive his student debt relief programme after circuit court rulings have effectively blocked the White House initiative.
- There has been little evidence that the strong Democrat midterm performance has led to an uptick in the approval of President Biden.
- The Biden administration has stated that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman should be granted immunity in an US civil case against the de facto Saudi leader over his role in the killing of dissident Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- Poll of Day: The most bipartisan policies to pursue in a split Congress.
Full article: https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/files/20858/MNI%20...