February 07, 2023 13:17 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - US Daily Brief
- President Joe Biden will make a play for the political centre ground and soft launch his 2024 re-election campaign when he delivers his State of the Union speech this evening.
- The White House said yesterday that the incident with the Chinese balloon “has not helped improve relations" but "nothing has changed about President Biden's view that the US-China is a very important bilateral relationship."
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) delivered a press conference yesterday to outline his position on the debt ceiling ahead of President Biden’s SOTU: “We’re not raising any taxes. I want to be very clear with that.”
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will today meet with German Economy Minister Robert Habeck and French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire for discussions on the Inflation Reduction Act and the European Green Deal Industrial Plan.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is continuing to make moves consistent with a 2024 president campaign.
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee will deliberate today on a raft of oil and gas legislation.
- Poll of the Day: A majority of Americans believe that the debt ceiling and government spending should be considered as separate issues.
Full article: https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/files/51191/MNI%20...