Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
OPTIONS: MNI's FX Options Monitor finds Antipodean FX options volume surged this
- AUD, NZD upside exposure in demand: AUD/USD call options were the notable
standout, which almost doubled in the space of seven days. The strong jobs data
posted Thursday spurred a series of very large call option trades.
- USD/JPY unlikely to test BoJ's implied tolerance band: The BoJ's warnings this
week appear little more than a shot across the bow, with a significant
deterioration in key G7 economies or a major flaring of tensions between the US
and China likely required to force markets to consider the prospects of the JPY
- Implied vols fall further still: Implied vols across most major currency pairs
fell further still this week, comfortably mimicking the very low levels of
realised vol across most major pairs. It's likely implied vols could fall
further for many major pairs (excepting GBP crosses), keeping premiums close to
the particularly low levels seen since the turn of the year.
See your inbox for the full piece or reach out if you'd like access.