July 22, 2022 06:47 GMT
- NBP Glapinski recently mentioned that the central bank will run monetary policy in a ‘responsible way’, balancing between inflation and growth.
- Policymakers have started to consider growth (again) as part of their equation as the sharp tightening in financial conditions we have seen in the past year has been pricing in a significant deceleration in the economic outlook.
- Even though consumer confidence ticked higher in July, it is still standing at historical lows and pricing in a plunge in the economic activity.
- Yesterday, it was reported that Polish Senate will approve Joanna Tyrowicz as member of the MPC (to replace Sura).
- Joanna Tyrowicz is a labor market economist and has been a critic of current governor Glapinski.