- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI China Daily Summary: Monday, May 29
MNI: PBOC Net Injects CNY23 Bln Via OMOs Monday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Lower At 7.0575 Monday; -4.91% Y/Y
NEER Marginally Lower, Q4 GDP Prints Below Expectations, Budget Tomorrow
The SGD NEER (per Goldman Sachs estimates) is marginally lower to start the week, NEER sits ~0.8% below the upper end of the band at present levels. We are comfortably within recent ranges for the index, last around 135.82, still showing a flattish trend since the start of the year.
- USD/SGD is little changed from today's opening levels, last printing at $1.3305/10.
- Q4 GDP was on the wires this morning, with the final QoQ figure printing at 0.1%, the Bloomberg survey median estimate was 0.3%. The YoY figure was 2.1% vs 2.3% exp.
- The government kept its GDP growth forecast for 2023 unchanged, (0.5-2.5%), the same as what the PM stated at the end of 2022. Tomorrow the government delivers the 2023 budget.
- MAS Deputy MD Edward Robinson also spoke this morning, he noted that monetary policy stance remains appropriate, and that policy tightening is slowing inflation momentum.
- Technicals remain bearish for USD/SGD. Bulls target the 50-day EMA at $1.3366. Bears first look to break of the 20-Day EMA at $1.3241.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.