Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/PHP has retreated and last operates -0.110 at PHP50.735, with latest round of BSP rhetoric providing little in the way of fresh insights. Bears look for further losses past Oct 14 low of PHP50.537 towards Oct 8 low/50-DMA at PHP50.385/50.364.
- USD/PHP 1-month NDF last seen -0.160 at PHP50.870. Bears keep an eye on Oct 18 low/50-DMA/Oct 7 low at PHP50.520/50.491/50.490. Conversely, bulls look to a jump above Sep 27 high of PHP51.520.
- BSP Gov Diokno told ABS-CBN that the central bank sees no need to adjust monetary policy settings through the rest of this year. His comments reflected a familiar stance of the Philippine central bank.
- An expert advising the Health Dept said that Metro Manila could be moved to Alert Level 2 from the current Level 3 before Christmas.
- As a heads up, Philippine budged balance will be published on Friday.