Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
NZD/USD edged higher after U.S. equity index futures re-opened on the front foot, looking through some potentially risk-off developments from over the weekend, outlined earlier. The pair has eased off and sits at $0.6543, little changed on the day.
- NZ PM Ardern announced that the general election will be postponed by four weeks until Oct 17, after the coronavirus has started to resurface in New Zealand.
- Parliament will reconvene tomorrow, but the Epidemic Response Committee will not be reinstated.
- Per the latest statistics, New Zealand has 69 confirmed active Covid-19 cases. The daily update from New Zealand's Director-General of Health is due 13:00 NZST.
- New Zealand's Services PMI was steady at 54.3 in July.
- A clearance of Aug 11 high of $0.6627 would allow bulls to set their sights on Aug 7 high of $0.6691. Bears would be pleased by a fall through Aug 12 low of $0.6525, which would turn focus to Jul 14 low of $0.6503.
- NZ economic docket is relatively uninspiring this week, with credit card spending coming up on Friday.