Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
KIWI: NZD/USD was also pressured by the broader risk averse theme on Tuesday, as
well as spill over from pressure on the AUD post-RBA, although the NZD did
outperform its Antipodean counterpart on the day. NZD/USD last ~$0.6590.
- That came after the NZD felt some early pressure via the soft NZIER quarterly
business opinion survey. The survey revealed the lowest headline reading since
March of 2009. The survey also noted that "a net 0.4 percent of firms reported
higher demand over the September quarter - the lowest level since September
- The latest GDT dairy auction saw the price of the headline index decline by
1.9%, as WMP prices fell by 1.2%.
- The rate has failed to breach support at the 19 September low ($0.6573) thus
far, after a couple of looks at the level Tuesday. Initial resistance is noted
at Friday's high ($0.6640).
- NZ QV house price data provides the most notable point of interest for
participants during the remainder of the week, after a couple of lower tier data
releases provided little interest early today.