Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Momentum on oil-sensitive currencies – RUB, MXN and COP – has been strong this week despite the consolidation in oil prices.
- RUB and MXN are the two best-performing currencies among the EM world, up 2.3% against the USD.
- CEE currencies have also been consolidating higher this week after significant depreciation in November.
- PLN is the best performing currency of the region, up 2.2% against the Dollar and partly driven by the positive surprise in inflation (which increased the odds for a bigger hike next week).
- On the other hand, TRY continues to plunge amid Erdogan’s firm view on interest rates; the lira is down 10% against the USD this week.
- BRL is the second weakest performer, down 1.1% against the USD.