Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: ***On Thursday US Pres Trump noted that he would apply the much-awaited
steel & aluminium tariffs although Canada & Mexico have received an indefinite
exemption (contingent on NAFTA progress) which saw CAD & MXN higher.
- EUR pairs initially rallied as the ECB withdrew the explicit pledge to
increase the size of QE in their policy statement. Nonetheless, the gains were
wholly reversed after Draghi clarified the move was retroactive, and holds no
implications for the policy outlook. EUR/USD shed close to 150 pips on the way
to session lows around $1.23.
- CHF traded weaker across the board, EURCHF has broken above the 50- and
100-DMAs is now eyeing post-peg break highs of 1.1833.
- GBP took a hit after source reports suggested that UK Gov't officials do not
see a Brexit deal being reached in 2018.
- USDJPY has consolidated above 106 & tracked higher in early Asian dealing as
rumours circle that North Korean leader Kim has offered to meet with US