Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Wires and social media reporting that lawmakers from the centre-left Democratic Party, the junior partner in the governing coalition, have called for PM Giuseppe Conte to resign, adding that they will support him to lead the next gov't.
- The lawmakers say that as things stand, Conte does not have enough support in parliament to get the Justice Report through.
- The vote on the annual report on the justice system set to take place later this week in the Senate. Defeat would effectively end the gov't. An early resignation might give Conte more time to try to put together a broad majority gov't.
- Dial seemed to be moving towards snap election last week, but clearly there are major efforts to find a new majority among governing parties and others in parliament.
- Should note that due to constitutional changes, if an election is called the number of parliamentarians is set to be cut significantly, meaning many lawmakers will lose their seats even if their party does well. This may discourage some from seeking to bring the gov't down.