Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: PM Boris Johnson's supposedly 'take it or leave it' Brexit offer
has received a lukewarm reception in Brussels. Irish officials have argued that
the plans to deal with the contentious backstop are 'unworkable'.
- Johnson is currently delivering a speech to the Conservative Party conference
- The Dec-19 gilt future trades at 134.07, down 43 ticks from Tuesday's close
and 19 ticks off the day's high; L-H: 133.81-134.26.
- Gilts have sold off with yields 3-4bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last /
1d chg / L..H): 2Y (0.3792% / +4.2bp / 0.3607%...0.3838%); 5Y (0.2885% / +3.7bp
/ 0.2707%...0.2928%); 10Y (0.5057% / +3.7bp / 0.49%...0.5119%); 30Y (0.9777% /
+2.6bp / 0.9661%...0.9845%).
- The curve has bear flattened: 2s10s (12.1bp / -0.5bp / 11.9bp..12.9bp); 2s30s
(59.2bp / -1.7bp / 58.5bp..60.4bp).
- The short sterling futures strip has steepened: W (- 1.0/1.5 ticks); R (-
2.5/3.5 ticks); G (- 3.0/3.5 ticks); B (- 3.0/3.5 ticks).