Post-FOMC Pressure On USD Extends In Asia
The pressure seen on the USD post FOMC on Wednesday has extended on Thursday, BBDXY is down ~0.3%. The Antipodeans are leading the bid in the G-10 space. US Equity futures are firmer and Tsy Yields have ticked lower. Regional Equities are also higher, the Hang Seng is up ~1%.
- Kiwi is the strongest performer in the G-10 space at the margins. NZD/USD is up ~0.7% last printing at $0.5885/90. Bull's immediate focus is on holding above the 20-Day EMA ($0.5870) to target the high from 10 Oct ($0.6049).
- AUD/USD is up ~0.6%, firming above the $0.64 handle this morning. The pair has cleared the 50-Day EMA ($0.6404), the next target for bulls is $0.6445 high from Oct 11.
- Yen is ~0.4% firmer, however USD/JPY remains well above the ¥150 handle. Support comes in at the 20-Day EMA ¥149.66.
- Elsewhere in G-10, CHF is up ~0.5%, however liquidity is generally poor in Asia.
- In Europe today the latest monetary policy decision from the Bank of England provides the highlight.