- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Post-Payrolls Decline Continues As USD Rallies
AUDUSD was down further on Monday as the USD continued its post-payrolls rally. The pair is down 0.6% to 0.6881, while the DXY is up 0.7%. Aussie was a mid-range G10 performer against the USD.
- AUDUSD is back above the 50-day EMA of 0.6875 showing that the broader uptrend remains intact. The recent correction is an unwinding of overbought conditions. Key resistance and bull trigger is at 0.7158, the February 2 high.
- Aussie is down 0.2% against the kiwi and is trading around 1.0920. AUDJPY is 0.5% higher at 91.27. AUD is down 0.3% against the GBP to 0.5726 but up 0.1% against EUR to 0.6417.
- Equity markets were down across the board as the less optimistic sentiment from Friday continued. The S&P was down 0.6% and the Eurostoxx -1.2%. VIX was down 0.4pp to 18.3%. Oil prices rallied after moving to oversold territory and WTI finished 1.5% higher at $74.46/bbl. Copper is also off of its intraday low but is still down 0.5% on the day. Iron ore is $122.20.
- Today the RBA meets and another 25bp hike to 3.35% is widely expected. See MNI RBA Preview - February 2023 for more details. Before that trade data for December is released and the trade surplus is expected to narrow marginally to $12.45bn.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.