Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- It is widely expected that President-elect, Pedro Castillo, will announce his cabinet picks later today.
- The only intention to be made public is that of confirming Julio Velarde in his post as President of the central bank, although a renewed term has not been confirmed.
- Castillo's rise to the top on Peru's 200th anniversary of independence is hugely symbolic, but he will face huge challenges to unite the country.
- A political crisis, deepened by the pandemic, will keep the expectations of Castillo's voters high. Political analysts remain sceptical that his efforts to better redistribute wealth could even generate more conflict.
- His party has 37 out of 130 seats in congress so he will need to seek alliances quickly to survive.